Sunday, August 12, 2012

Ferrari 288GTO Revell + Fujimi #21 (Work in Progress)

Long time no see... Sorry, my work (to live) is now getting harder and I caught cold...

Anyway, let's start posting.

Inside the doors.

I chose Fujimi's, 'cause the speaker's PE fits to the hole, and their sizes were a bit bigger than Revell's. The sizes had to be bigger because they had to fit to the doors, not to the interior tub.

I cut the upper section to make coloring and shaping the handles in a accurate way easier.
Since I thought the side pocket mold of Fujimi was too big, I decided to make the pocket movable instead of just scraping another line.

This time I can't stop these ridiculous works... The light on the handle. I made a hole, the light clear part was from my junk parts, shaped smaller than grain of rice.  

Then sanded to apply flat black.


Same flocking powder were applied on upper parts, the back of the lights were colored in chrome silver; Tamiya paint marker.

I made door handles from 0.3mm plastic paper and 1.5mm plastic rod. I could leave them as power window version, but I couldn't think my GTO has power window. Even, I haven't put air-conditioner! (just because Revell's dash didn't have that mold)

My camera couldn't focus to this tiny handle...

I put the lip to prevent the pocket going into the board. On the bottom of the pocket, I glued 0.3mm nickel silver rod with CA glue. Of course flat black was applied on the lip later.


I don't like to show the back... but this way, I hold the pocket. The back-up white plastic paper was 0.3mm, so the 0.3mm nickel silver was ideal for the stay. For my excuse, I don't care where you can't see...!

The outline was cut and sanded to fit to body.

So far so good. If I found good decal on speaker (black "Ferrari GTO" letters on yellow), I'll put it.

I think I can proceed to the painting of the body soon. Still a long way, but surely approaching to the finish line :)

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment