Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Experimental project; K5Y1 Advanced trainer ”Willow" (九三式中間練習機 「赤とんぼ」)

Please allow me to show my experimental project, finished in very short hours.
I have never tried an airplane before and please, aviation modellers, don't be upset about my skills, awkward treatments or shortcuts on this historical and precious plane.


... I am not a big fun of weapons or related things (this plane was only a trainer as well), and I really extend my heartfelt condolence to those who died in war, and those who went through very hard time during and after war. And we must think of those who are struggling under wars even now. It's a big concern there are so many games and campaigns between big powers.

Model: K5Y1 Advanced trainer ”Willow" 1/32 by Doyusha
  (九三式中間練習機 「赤とんぼ; Red dragonfly」 1/32 童友社)
Color: GSI Creos (Mr. Color #59) Orange + Acrylic mat finish spray (Base= Mr. Primer spray)
 (I know the color must be Orange + Yellow, but just for an experience...)
Wiring: 0.5mm nickel silver rods
Wethering: Tamiya wethering master









These mat finish and the hint of wethering can be used on old VW Beetle and so on ;))
The wooden propeller was airbrushed with gray primer then Mr. Color GX109; GX Clear brown.

....Anyway I learnt so much from this project, such as mat paint, wethering, wooden paint... etc.
Most of all, that was a real fun for me and now I love this plane!!



No comments:

Post a Comment