Friday, September 6, 2013

Ferrari 288GTO Revell + Fujimi #27 (Work in Progres)

So sorry! Long time no see... I'm still alive. ...Ha? You don't care about me but only worrying about GTO...? Yes, it's still ongoing.

Today's post is about the seats.

I prefer the side curve of Fujimi's than Revell's, but both sheets were not sexy enough. I cut Fujimi's seat in two...

Then dug it. Don't care what you can see over there with crack. I dug the hole and put a magnet to hold the door, but the plan was cancelled for some reason.

Lower too, I dug.

Centre part was from 0.5 plastic paper, bended in hot water. 8 cells were drawn by pencil, .You can easily draw them freehand.

Ever Green's 1.5mm half round was just fit!! Thanks for making it easier!

Looked like money bugs. 

Then both sides were cut. Still a bit too much rounded.

Top of cells were sanded, and the grommet were marked and drilled (0.5mm) later. 

I used Nitto's insulating tape for black ribbons. It shows good textures! (I can say it doesn't has to be Nitto's).

Only the head rests were from Revell's box (on the left). Fujimi's; on the right, were not sexy at all...

The back panels were from 0.5mm plastic papers.

The seam lines were 0.3mm plastic strings, adhered by normal plastic glue.

Head rests were jointed by 0.3mm brass rods. Middle of the seats were dug deeper fitting the centre parts.

Centre parts were painted in flat red. The surfacers were applied on outer ones.

Using needles, the grommet holes were made.

I cut many ribbons in other width, then choose and fit into each grooves.

Looking good to me.

Sides were painted in flat black (could be semi-gross black, but I had only flat black paint marker; don't need to care too much;).

The outer ones were painted in semi-gross black + Tamiya splay SP-63 NATO black. Mixing ratio was about 50:50.

It was hard to adhere upper and lower parts because of the lack of the places to glue. I held my breath and applied the normal glue for plastic in tiny area and propped the seats up against camera (if not camera it was no prob but there it was).

Stays were not sexy neither. I attached 0.5mm plastic papers on top.

The top part was sanded to fit to the upper seat part. Another 0.5mm plastic paper was attached to fit to lower part of the seat. I adjusted one by one struggling with my old eyes (following picture). I am sure I am getting presbyopia.


Another source of headache. I flattened the 0.3mm brass rod, bent and the black CA glue was applied on one side.

Yes, it was lever handle.

Now I can say my GTO's seats are sexy enough.

They are sexy too seeing from the back:) Sorry, the picture is not good enough.

That's all for today. ...?

....Don't say "how's it going with the body!" I'll finish polishing it this weekend so I'll report about it later. To be honest, I struggled so much to adjust the color on each panels because I painted separately (you can say I was stupid). But now the problem was solved and overcoated by clear.

See you after!! (Not too long)

No comments:

Post a Comment