Saturday, September 21, 2013

Ferrari 288GTO Revell + Fujimi #28 (Work in Progres)

Hi,

Finally here comes the body paint report (It's not the final job on my GTO, though).
Last time I think I told I had been struggling to adjust the colors on the panel.
I should have combined all the panel such as bonnet, doors and rear hood on the main body then air-brushed. But before doing so, I needed to paint the hidden parts such as inside the door or inside the front bonnet and I thought it would be a troublesome work... but, BUT, now I strongly think I should. I took too much time to adjust the colors.

I tried to overlay 3-4 times to adjust especially the color between the door panels and the body without success. If I didn't have the air-brush, I couldn't pile the color up so many times.

Then I tried in this way.
Lightly white overlaid on the joint...  
Then overlaid the body color. Well, I was relieved. I spread the body color just a little bit more later on.

 The color recipe was Tamiya Spray Italian Red 25% : Tamiya Spray Blight Red 75% (+ a bit of Gaia Color Rosso corsa, but I think it doesn't matter if it was not added). Then clear coated with Gaia EX-Clear (if I couldn't buy it, I would use Tamiya Spray "Clear"). After 4-5 days dry out, I sanded up the rough surface with #1500 Tamiya finishing paper then clear coated again, then after 4-5 days dry out I polished with Soft-99 fine compound (for real cars), then Tamiya Coarse compound - Fine compound, Finishing compound.

I don't like this job, but masking should have taken place.
I air-brushed the Tamiya Spray Semi-gross black. I couldn't use enamel based color because I needed stronger surface to glue the window.

So I said I didn't like masking....


No worries, I have strong weapon. The "Gundam Marker" semi gross black. By just tracing, I could see it's better. But be aware, the Gundam Marker doesn't seem to be enamel based but lacquer based. If you failed, you need to scrub with compound applied on the tip of toothpick...like I did after this photo. Still some more retouches were taken place.

The black lines on body-sides. I cut them from Hasegawa's Flat Black Finish. I love it!

Now I feel numbness on my hands doing these tiny job. Cut from Hasegawa's modelling mesh 23 (hexagonal, medium size) then metal primer and semi-gross black were applied.

I used Konishi's "Clear anchor" to set those... I really think it's easier said than done! I'm sure I'm training myself to be patient and calm.

Then suddenly move to centre console. Mainly I used the etching parts from Fujimi's box. I dug hole under the sift cage. Nickel silver 0.5mm rod for the sift lever, the base were the combination of Evergreen's 1.5mm half round and square shaped plastic rod. The head was... I'm not sure but one from after market aluminum parts.

Ready to be set.

Adhered from the back of console.

I feel I did as much as I could on this console. ...Oh, I need to fill up the hole for side lever brake (lower right on the photo), because I found it should be offset to the driver's seat.


I'm almost there, way to go!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment