Wednesday, January 8, 2014

LEXUS IS 350 (Fujimi 1/24) Work in progress #5

Hi all, there were some progress on my lovely Lexus :)

Before docking the body and chassis, these hoes were needed to be drilled.

This is backside. Using very small nuts and bolts; they are actually for the glasses, about 1mm thickness.

Nuts were fixed onto the chassis with CA glue. Now it is ready to attach to the base. But for now I'll leave this until finishing all the works.

One more thing to do before docking the body and chassis. I attached the black tape (insulating tape) on the bottom of the rear window 'cause I could see through the inside body from the gap. I can't leave it if there were any gaps between the body and windows which the real car doesn't have.

 Now docked and the wheels were test fitted.


Muhhh.....? I can say the wheels look a bit small now. It's a kind of fair seeing the pictures, but if I actually have a look with my eyes, still... yes, they were small.

Then I tried to "inch-up"... oh, this was what FUJIMI meant!!! (It's not, as you knew)
I applied 0.25mm plastic paper, 2 layers. This was, 1mm-up for the 1/24 wheel, meaning about 1 inch up. 

 Slightly inched-up.
 Then applied silver paint for the test fitting, please ignore the rough surfaces on the wheel rims.

 It was fairly looking... fair. But I felt it still plain.

Then I tried this. Looking super cool!!!

To fit Aoshima's wheel to Fujimi's kit, I needed to slim the axle.

 ...Still showed the negative camber, also the height of the body was a bit high. 

I found the wheel rim was hitting to the shock spring. It's a bit rough solution but I scraped the spring. Don't care what we can't see...lol. And, top of the shock absorber were 1mm cut off to low down. I attached 1mm cut plastic pipe to the lower arm to fit the low-downed shock.

 To fit to Aoshima's loose hole (I can say Fujimi's pin is too skinny, anyway they were from other makes), I simply attached slender masking tape.

 Now it's good! Centre gold parts were re-painted in Tamiya's enamel Gold Leaf (X-12? as I remembered) 'cause the original surface was a bit rough.

There was no need to adjust the height or width on rear ones. 

That's the progress so far, thanks for watching!!! Have a good nite... zzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment