Thursday, January 9, 2014

LEXUS IS 350 (Fujimi 1/24) Work in progress #6

Hi all, .... Oh? Did I post yesterday too?? It's miracle!! Anyway, don't stop posting for today's updates.

 One more thing to do on front axle. Normal setting of this kit was a bit too toe-in. I wouldn't like my Lexus's tires worn out quickly:)  So I cut the link shaft and re-jointed in a plastic pipe. Now the alinement looks good. The pipe was painted in flat black later.
  
 Then covered by this part. Actually I can't see anything under this panel so I didn't need to paint that pipe...? BTW, this cover part showed "Ultra-fit" between the body and chassis, so I recommend you to fit this part after docking the body and chassis to make their docking easier. I happened to do so (I did all the suspension, wheels and tires after docking them because I wanted to hold the chassis surely when docking to the body. Also it was good to adjust the balance between the body and the wheels. 

The final polishing has been held with Tamiya's finishing compound. I tried to do this after attaching almost everything to the body, because I would touch the body too many times so that bunch of fine scratches would be made. This trial went so well, I could skip one polishing process so I could prevent cutting through the clear coat.

 Roof antenna(?) was attached with Konishi's Aquli-Anchor (clear bond). I couldn't manage to make it clean, but I could wipe the excess with enamel thinner.

 Now the exhausts (the center was drilled) and metal logos were attached. Wow, I can't help smiling!! Looking cool!! Best thanks to my best hobby friend Denith, who gave me those logos for free!!! I like your "real" IS 250 in gun-metal too!!!

Fujimi's genuine chromed mirror parts shows good reflection, too. I set 0.5mm plastic rod in the mirror stay, and same 0.5mm hole were drilled on the body side, then used the clear bond. It's stress free when I use the clear bond, no need to worry about harming the body paint!!

That's all so far, I'll treat the number plates soon, and upload this lovely one on the gallery!!
OMG, this progress is only #6!! I spent until #33 on the last crazy GTO. It's soooo relaxing! 

See you soon, hopefully ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment