Friday, March 11, 2016

Subaru WRX 2005 "Andrew's version" WIP #1

Dear all, .....long time no see. I know I am always starting with this phrase, but sorry I do not actually care, just living my own life lol. I am always making something (mostly fishing though), and when I finished something, I suddenly start posting.

Okay, let's cut to the chase!!
This is the one I am trying to make. My friend; Andrew's coooool WRX. I had a inspiration that I would get my skills up if I tried this. 

Well, it has chin spoiler and driving lamps on the bumper.


I can tell this look from the back is the same as original (maybe).


It seems there are lots to do with the wheels.

The base kit is, this.

Fujimi's. The kit itself seems to be good overall, but if I make it looks like Andrew's, it's kinda elbow grease.


Start with driving lamps. I need to make holes somehow, anyway. Backed up with Polyester Putty.


The outline was drawn with the permanent marker and started drilling with small one.


Gradually made bigger...

 

Then the plastic pipe was inserted. So far so good, but still need lots of effort of the normal putty to smoothen.

The lamp itself was made from clear plastic rod added a drop of acrylic bond on top to make a round look. Well, up to here, I spend more than a month actually. Drill, sand, putty, dry, drill, sand, putty dry... sometimes became tired and went fishing(this was the longest part). It was a never ending circle. Still needed some more smoothing.


This is how I made the chin spoiler. 3 layers of 0.5mm plastic sheet.


So much sanding... really was a elbow grease.


So far looking good.


Haha I thought I would do this, so I attached the front and rear bumpers before painting the body color (the glue came out and left the finger print). Don't worry, it is easy to recover now. According to the instruction, this troublesome job comes to the last. Yes, it's literally "The End" if this happened at last. To attach the front grill, I needed to cut some pins inside of the bumper; it was not a big job.


After applying surface primer (Creos's Mr. Surfacer 1000), Creos's Black (Mr. Color #2) was airbrushed. Ohhh, I like this mold of the driving lamp.

Well it's becoming fairly long enough. I'll provably, supposably post #2 tommorow.

Thanks for watching!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So great to be able to see it all step by step. Amazing work! Thank you sir. From the very happy Andrew 👌

    ReplyDelete