Thursday, November 28, 2013

LEXUS IS 350 (Fujimi 1/24) Work in progress #2

Hi,

Some of my friends asked me in person, "what paints and thinner did you use actually?"

These are the all casts for Lexus body painting.
I called the thinner "Retarder Mild" in the last post but that was wrong, sorry. It was "Mr. Color Leveling Thinner". That's the special thinner for airbrush which provides us smooth surface. "Retarder Mild" was the additive to normal lacquer thinner; if the "Retarder Mild" was added to lacquer thinner, it works the same as "Leveling Thinner", actually.

This is the picture after Super Clear applied. I can say the sanding or polishing are almost not needed (actually I will).

The gross on the bonnet is not enough, but on the fender or around the head lights are almost perfect, 'cause I made the airbrush "stay" fairly long (You could say I should have done the same thing on the bonnet. Yes, I should). I should have applied more clear at the same time on the bonnet to save my time to polish. But I also know, this "Orange peel" would disappear once some sanding process were taken place.

Side body also shows almost perfect shine. Muum, I should have used this method on last GTO, I don't know why I didn't trust my good-old method.

Now I am looking forward to the next process; sanding and polishing.

Have a good night (or good day, good evening!; Thanks for visiting from all over the world)  

No comments:

Post a Comment