Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ferrari 288GTO Revell + Fujimi #10 (Work in Progress)

Body work continues...
A bit of works on doors... (0.5mm plastic board)

Rims on windows are made from 0.3mm plastic papers x 3 plies. I'll try to sand 0.2mm clear plastic board as windows after a while.

I just temporary painted black on the rims to see the atmosphere. I reckon I should sand more to make them thinner. 

I checked the balance overall. It is going well, I reckon.





Still a few works needed, but I feel fine with this body.

Once again, these slits are edged up. After I got a good hexagonal mesh, I'll apply them.

 Oooops....!!! The bottom of air intake under door chipped out.... I was nearly crying for 5 minutes.

But I am too old to cry... I glued plastic papers on bottom.

Then another paper on body and cut on the brown line shown on this picture.





I feel fine now, though a bot of sanding needed.

Now head to engine bay!!
I'll use Fujimi's engine parts.

 
These white parts are from 0.3mm plastic boards. These works are the matter of patience. I've got lots of tries and errors.

 This is the nut part on the white parts above. 4lbs fishing line are coiled on 0.5mm nickel silver rod. Good fusion of my hobbies...!!!

Still lots of tries and errors.

OK, I feel good.

White ones are 0.3mm plastic rods. And the small Ferrari logo was cut from MUSEUM COLLECTION PE. This is one of the most important symbols of 288GTO, but Fujimi's part doesn't have this. (Edited; Fujimi had a very small logo on this part in its inlet mark sheet. I've got to use it, it had to be much easier....!!!!)

That's all for today, thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment