Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Ferrari 288GTO Revell + Fujimi #11 (Work in Progress)

OK, let's start posting for today now.

I chose and pealed the smallest cavallinos from HOBBY DESIGN 1/24 Ferrari Metal Logo (B) for 512BB & 288GTO & 250GTO (HD01-0023); The third photo in this post.

 3 ribs are pealed from this injection head parts (don't say the real one has 2 ribs left, mate!) because of the size of the cavallinos. Then the prancing horses are glued with clear bond. This glue can be replaced to woodwork bond, I reckon...?

This is the one, the HOBBY DESIGN's logo set.

Flat red was applied. I use the old brush to paint these part to replicate rough surface. After this photo, once again I tapped with semi-dried semi-gross red (complicated expression?).

 I felt this oil filter was a bit too small.

So I replaced to a runner to make it thicker. I used CA glue to make rounded head.

The chassis number PE plate was applied. This is from Fujimi's box and it was not the chassis number plate actually, but there was no choice because I didn't have it. If it gives atmosphere, I feel fine here. It is just a tiny part and I can hardly read it..!! The flames of the PE plate were cut after this photo.

Red plug cords were applied with black CA glue. I used ancient MODELER's 0.45mm plug cords, but I bet you can find several types of cords. This was a really troublesome, frustrating tiny work... Of course lots of tries and errors were there.

I was wondering if I would use these tiny, small stays of inter coolers, but seeing the trial on above, there was no choice but used them.

I applied all the PE parts on left. The difference was really big.

2 pries of 0.3mm plastic paper was applied on differential box, because I felt discomfort to the original parts.

This is how I paint the rough surface. Semi-dried paint was applied on brush and I tapped onthe parts.

I used the same method on these parts.


Now I've got to go to bed....  Thanks for looking always and see you tomorrow, guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment