Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ferrari 288GTO Revell + Fujimi #5 (Work in Progress)

I feel better today... :) Thanks, my co-workers for helping a lot!!

Let's start posting for today..!!

The shape of air intake is one of the weakest point of Revell's body. I have to do something here...


Firstly, I edged up..


Then I tried to cast inside with epoxy putty with the silicone tip (curved; following picture)

The result is...  


Terrible. 
After all, I need to fill normal putty and sand up inside. This is the picture on the way.
I didn't actually need the silicone tip, I think. If I try the same kind of work next time, I will just fill up with the normal putty and make a hole with the rotary tool, then sand up.

By the way, before I saw this picture I hadn't thought I could sand up such a tiny tiny place as the air intake.
(from http://modelers-press.main.jp/?p=4976#more-4976 )
Sand paper is applied on the tip of toothpick with double-sided adhesive tape. But I myself set the sand paper with CA glue, because with double-sided adhesive tape, it was very easy to come off.

This is the result so far (still some "KAIZEN"; improvement needed)

Oops, I didn't say anything about side-skirt (how do you call this part?)
I cut this off because this was just about to come off when I was cutting out the door.

I thought it was good to edge-up this intake under door.


Then, plastic paper was glued from the back.

The plastic paper is the rim under the body. Rear section of the paper was cut after this photo.


Another plastic paper was applied on the edge of.... what can I call this part?? just before the front window.

Lots of works are still remained....

That's all for today, thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment