Monday, July 30, 2012

Ferrari 288GTO Revell + Fujimi #18 (Work in Progress)

Happy Monday? Let's start today's posting.

Revell's interior tub looks fairly good, especially the foot mat's detail. But it seems to me too square. So I decided to make the mat from scratch.
Firstly, I replicate the shape of mat to silicon replicator.

I filled the black CA glue with glue hardener. These were so fragile, so I made some spares.

They were applied onto the 0.3mm plastic paper (edge curved)  

Then KA MODELS Flocking powder (soft gray) was applied. To apply, I coated the woodwork bond (diluted with water) on the preferable area, then sprinkled the powder by fingers.

These white plastic papers are to fill up the gaps between interior and engine bay. I traced the rear window, body's pillar and the side walls. Without these, I could see the engine bay from the cabin (I couldn't believe it, but Fujimi has also the same problem!).

I applied the colors onto the flocking powder. Floor and back of seats are flat black, the higher part is flat gray (black and white). The colors were diluted with thinner to spread to flocking powder easily and evenly.

These pedals are from Fujimi's box. The surface of pedals are PE parts from Fujimi's box as well.
The top of the part was cut because it hit the Revell's body.

That's all for today :)
It's still Monday, but still enjoying my life...!

No comments:

Post a Comment