Thursday, July 19, 2012

Ferrari 288GTO Revell + Fujimi #12 (Work in Progress)

Hi, thank god it'll be Friday tomorrow :)
Post for today!

 
Nuts and "burnt" color (mixture of TAMIYA enamel clear orange, flat black, clear and flat base; I can't remember the ratios, but maybe 8:8:8:1, I used brush)  were applied to the exhaust pipes.

I don't even know what this part is for, but I thought I needed to make this. They are, maybe 1.5mm (2mm?) plastic rods and the blue pipe is my daughter's broken hair band; light blue applied.
And the hose clip is from KA Models, also insect pin as the nut which was cut after this photo.

 I believe this part gives mechanical atmosphere to the engine bay. Please someone, tell me what this pipe is for and where the blue hose goes???

Plug covers were from 0.7mm (inside is 0.5mm) brass rods so that I could put 0.5mm plug codes and painted in black.

This is Fujimi's frame. To be fitted horizontally to Revell's chassis, 0.3mm plastic boards were fitted; white part.

...Once I started to use the insect pins, I became insect pins addicted. The black hose was from price tug bands attached to my daughter's shoes. Maybe some hair bands have the same textures.

Using plastic rod and the bands... (small holes were applied on rods so that I could attach the bands easily with CA glue.) 

Now you can see what this part is for. I used the same band on both sides of the rods. The silver lines are aluminum foils and silver paints.

Fujimi has this part actually, but this time it could not be fitted in because it was too short (also because I adjusted the bank angles). Fujimi's instruction says their angles are vertical, but I believe they incline a bit to outsides.

Fuel injection pipes were inserted as shown on top in this picture. It took more than 2 hours to set the plug codes to the brass rods (plug covers).

Radiator hoses (?maybe) had dull molds, so I carved it to be seen as two hoses.

Please someone tell me, where the long red code as shown in the bottom in this picture goes to??? ( Is it actually needed???)

Oops, I haven't mentioned about exhaust pipes from engine.
No wonder Revell's exhaust pipe looks better. so I did lots of cuts and pastes to fit it to Fujimi's engine. (I reckon the engine won't get high power with Fujimi's exhaust pipe.)

The engine was temporary set in the frame to raise my spirit. Wow, they look really cool!!!

But I found the bolt on the frame that you can see on right-top was not in the right place seeing this picture. I fixed it after this photo. It is good to take photos to find mistakes that my old bare eyes couldn't find..

For that part, I used the insect pins for 4 nuts, metal seal from Fujimi's box (actually it was for head cover, but I didn't use it for that purpose) and the biggest bolt was from ancient MODELER's plugs & connectors sets. If I didn't have the MODELER's sets, I would use... well, some machined bolts, I would find.

That's all for today. Thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment