Saturday, July 28, 2012

Ferrari 288GTO Revell + Fujimi #17 (Work in Progress)

Sorry for having day off...

I thought I have to treat the gaps around front bonnet.

I glued 0.3mm plastic papers on both sides, then fulled the normal putty.

You can see the difference of colors on right and left edges. Don't say I've got to treat them earlier. (Of course I should)

Then I applied moving section on bonnet. This picture is the temporary one, I will cut the upper excess parts on bonnet.

Followings are how I made these moving parts.
I made 0.5mm hole in a 0.7mm plastic board, then inserted the 0.5mm brass pipe. This part will be glued to the body. From my experience, this part should be as front as you can, so that the moving width would be bigger (so that the body and the bonnet wouldn't hit each other).

This (right small one) is the part on bonnet. The 0.5mm nickel silver rod will be inserted into the pin hole. I am using the number plate part from Fujimi's box, just thinking it is thicker than 0.5mm plastic board.

I made lots of tries and errors on this stays (0.5mm nickel silvers). If they were too narrow, the bonnet and the body hit. If they were to large, the bonnet wasn't fit in the right place...

After some attempt, I found the right place to fit them in. Now I think I could use 0.7mm rods and more thick pipes for more strength, but I don't have guts to redo this job now.


Move to body modifying..
I should do this works earlier, now I can tell. 

Using 0.5mm plastic board...

Then glued and sanded to the right shapes.


These parts are not only the gum packing inside the doors, but also they give strength to the body. Oh, I should make the ceiling parts as well... still long way to go.

The interior tub had to be sanded to fit in the packing parts. Again, I should do this job earlier to make things easier.
Anyway, things are proceeding little by little :)

That's all for today, have a nice Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment