Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ferrari 288GTO Revell + Fujimi #2 (Work in Progress)

Just a quick post....
 
Edge up and gathering the body-color parts.


 
To edge-up, I put plastic strings and put the putty on, then sand up.
Some volume-ups on fenders. Yellow putty is Tamiya's epoxy, gray ones are normal putty. The ones which have the transparency are Tamiya's Light-curing putty, but I didn't like it because it's edges are easy to come off even if I sand the body before applying. In my point of view, I recommend epoxy and normal putty for these works..
 Rear bumpers have to be removed, 'cause I don't like masking on this bumpy surface.
  
The gaps are filled and glued with papers.
As mentioned already, front bonnet was removed. What a thick plastic body! Though this thickness strengthen the body. Yes, I like Revell's.
 
I think I'm too picky, but last section of front fender has to be this shape (I cut off the edge).
'cause I don't like the gaps on body, I cut this last section of chassis off.  
 Then glued to the body. Gaps are filled with putty (then sand up).
This interior part is from Revell's. I cut the rear window section off.
Then attached and glued to the body. I attached plastic papers from the back side of the body as supports. This was a bit tough work and has to be treated very carefully not to be taken off throughout the paint works, but I prefer "no gaps and no uneven body color".
Oh, doors and lids (fuel and oil) were removed already.

That's it for today..! Thanks for looking.

Let's have a good sleep for happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment