Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ferrari 288GTO Revell + Fujimi #1 (Work in Progress)

I made Fujimi's 288GTO already, but I thought I would be able to gain more on my favorite Ferrari.

*I've chosen Revell's body and chassis. Overall, I prefer the lines of it than Fujimis. Ms. Fujimi is too fat...    
Pros and cons on Revell's.  It's only my point of view.
<Pros>  
*Good shape on rear and side section
*Atmosphere overall is good (Less emphasis)

<Cons>
*Face doesn't look similar (Too right-angled edges on Light covers, bonnet. They are also too close to the front edges.)
*Rounded edges on front and back on doors


OK, I'll sort those cons out!



Face Before
... I nearly threw this kit away because of this appearance. Look at these shape of edges of light lids and bonnet.
 Compare with the real one. I also have to think about louvers.
... I don't actually like to make louvers from scratch,, but only to 288GTO...  

I cut all those away and applied 0.3mm plastic papers.

And filled the putty...

Then sanded. OK, I feel much better now!!

Oops..  ... I was too bad to apply holes... (These following photos are before the works on light covers and bonnet) 
I have to sort my terrible works out...
Putty was applied. Then sand up... yes, acceptable. Don't pursue the perfect.
I felt those driving light lenses are too big. To apply Fujimi's lenses, I put plastic board on the area and made the area smaller .


Rounded edges on front and back on doors
Before: 
After:
The doors were sanded up to make straight line from front to back.
Can't see the deference...?
The loubers on front section was also removed. To check the deference, I spray the surfacer from time to time.
That's all for today. Thanks for visiting! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment