Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ferrari 288GTO Revell + Fujimi #15 (Work in Progress)

Post for today :)

Assembling the shock absorbers.


I replaced the spring section to 0.3mm nickel silver rod, the dumper to 3mm plastic pipe and 1mm brass rod. Just because I thought these works were as easy as masking and painting, and would lead a much better result. (This picture is for the front suspensions)
 I coiled the nickel silver rod to plastic pipe, then stretched and cut to a certain length.
 Then painted in these colors.

I didn't glued the brass rod and pipe but only the end of the spring so that this part has the mobility to fit in the right place without adjustments of its length. Right one is the original part.

 And the rear ones.
The rear shock absorbers were fitted. I had been afraid if they would obstruct the air cleaner pipes, but they didn't. Lucky me. The upper arms and the brake system sections are from Fujimi. Fitting the tires and looking the balance with the body, I tried several times to fit them to the right place.

The process of fitting rear wheels... at the beginning, the wheels came outside and forward.





So I had to peel off the brake disks so that I could shorten the width of the centre part on this picture. I should do this before I glue and paint these parts properly... but I don't care to redo the same jobs.

 And this part had to be cut short to fit the shorten part on above picture.

The shapes of the brake disks deformed by being peeled off. I used these clips to set the discs while the glue dried out. 


I use "Post-it" papers to adjust the heights. The suspension parts were glued just a bit backward. The wheels were set in preferable positions.



Being applied lots of cuts, pastes, removals cycles, some paints were getting bold. I have to treat them later on.

Some decals have to be applied, but almost of all works were done on this section. I enjoyed so much (It was hard time as well). Don't you think GTO's engine is really beautiful, do you?!

Thanks for looking and see you next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment