Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ferrari 288GTO Revell + Fujimi #14 (Work in Progress)

Let's start today's post:)


Sorry for low definition for first 4 photos, 'cause I couldn't connect my camera to my PC and I had to take those photos from the camera's screen.


Air cleaner units are from Revell. I believe Fujimis' have more accuracy, but Fujimis' didn't fit to the air intakes of engine hood because of their sizes. But I thought I could do something to Revell's parts. Firstly I cut them with saws...

then drilled inside, glued and reshaped with sand paper after this photo.

and the pipes are from Fujimi. You can see the hole at the end of the pipe above. I set the rod to be inserted on another pipe to be set to this hole, I didn't take its picture though.


This crumpled aluminum foil (just the kitchen foil) was for heat shield plates beside the air cleaners.


The heat shield on the back (PE parts) was cut short to be fitted in Revell's body.
* To settle the pipes; sons of a gun, I used clear bond to set temporally then CA glue with  CA glue hardener spray  (sorry the link is Japanese, but I believe you can find several types of same kinds). Without them, I could hardly assemble the pipes, I reckon.


I glued and removed the air cleaners maybe 3-4 times to set them in proper positions.

This picture is of the last one's I made. It's clean, but I feel it's so called... simple. I indeed reckon, I got a progress (just slowly).


At this stage I felt engine itself was done.


But I felt something was still left...... even I tried not to even think about it.
That was......
  
Throttle levers.......



I firstly (at the time I was starting this project) thought they would be omitted feeling they were beyond my skill. but I couldn't help thinking about it at this stage. But there was very small spaces left to set them in....


I considered, thought and thought, worried and worried, but I decided.

My answer was....,

0.3mm plastic board and 0.3mm nickel silver rod was prepared for the throttle lever.


Centre part is from 1mm(?) plastic rod. Seeing this picture, the surface was a bit rough but please consider this was just 7-8mm part. Besides, I can hardly look at it being covered by fuel injection system (I know this is my excuse).


The throttles themselves were from brass rods (flattened by the pliers), and the rods were 0.3mm nickel silver rods. The brass rods were so easy to be cut, flatten and bent because of their softness.


I used the "G clear bond then CA glue with hardener" method here, too. The top on throttle was cut from 0.7mm brass rod.
It was a very hard job to set these tiny parts in very very tiny space after the settlement of all other parts. I nearly showed the finger in the process with lots of tries and errors, to be honest.

But now, I feel just terrific !!




That's it for today, my bros!!

No comments:

Post a Comment