Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ferrari 288GTO Revell + Fujimi #6 (Work in Progress)

OK, I'll start posting for today

I use special gadgets to connect the body and chassis. This is essential if I make a full-open (door open) model to place them exactly the same position every time.

This is the special gadget.
Miniature connector. I think you can find several type of connector in PC shops.


*Mr. Koji Kappa (famous Japanese modeler: http://www.cims.jp/sun/kappakoji/index.html ) told and gave these connector to me, many many thanks!!!!
Also look at this stunning, astonishing, amazing work of him!! http://kappakoji.untokosho.com/gallery_Miura.htm


Now back to my work. 

I fixed them with CA glue and putty never to come off.
Wow, body's back side is so ugly... I'll fix it with rotary tools after a while.

Now starting the jobs on chassis.
I am going to make the engine section detachable. Holes are applied on the chassis, engine flame are extended forward to fit in the holes. And the connector are applied as following...


(On this picture, the connector was applied on right hole. )


 The engine stands are cut from Fujimi's chassis. Holes are applied as the real cars have them. 
 Then glued to Revell's flame.
To fit Fujimi's engine horizontally, applied plastic boards.


I feel it perfectly fits. It's position seems good! Cool!

By the way, the real works just in this post took about 4-5 hours or more... Now I'm getting used to taking time to pursue the reality. For this project, I'm going to forget about the time.

That's all for today, thanks for looking :)





No comments:

Post a Comment