Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ferrari 288GTO Revell + Fujimi #19 (Work in Progress)

Just a quick report of small progress :)

I made seats rails from EVER GREEN "H" rod (cut to "T" shape).
And the stays are cut out of square rods.


The rails were applied by normal plastic cement; Tamiya's, fitted with the rails of following picture's seat.

I cut the "H" rods to "C" shapes this time. These "C" shapes mate to "T" shapes.

I chose Fujimi's seats, but I am planning to modify the seats' shapes. I feel both (Fujimi & Revell) of the seats seem like very hard and uncomfortable.... so I'll try to express the feeling of softness. Modifying of the seats will be the last thing to do, while the body paint dries out.

These small magnets were set in the seats. And I dug rectangle dents under the chassis below the seats and put the magnets without glues; movable,  so that the seat can be detachable and move forward and backward (to fit to my short legs??). I'll be able to see the engine from the cabin detaching the seats and engine cover :)


I could easily set the magnets 'cause the seats had already rooms for magnet underneath :) I applied 0.5mm plastic boards from the bottom.

So far so good... See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment