Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ferrari 288GTO Revell + Fujimi #13 (Work in Progress)

Still I'm waiting for the answers to the last post (where are the hoses goes to..?)
...I know it'll be a difficult question though.

Post for today:)

Heat shields under the inter coolers were made from 0.3mm plastic paper.

The hose clamps (KA models) were also attached.


The band (same as the last post ones) was applied to this part. Connector parts were from ancient MODELER'S plugs and connectors set and plastic rod. 

Every pipe has nickel silver rod or pin hole to be settled together in proper position. Without this works, I don't think I could assemble these pipes with enough strength.

Hose clamps were from ancient MODELER'S "Metalook". Of course we can find several foils like this now.

These were also troublesome and irritating works, but now I got used to these kind of works. Once you think 1/3 to 1/2 of trials will be the mistakes, you would never give up when making mistakes. 

Plastic rods were applied and cut to set the inter coolers horizontally. Heights and stay positions adjustments were needed.

For the piping, I decided to set the inter coolers firstly, because those are the most impressive parts in the engine room and have to be settled in proper positions. Then the other pipes were adjusted according to the inter cooler's positions. Of course there were lots of cuts and pastes on the pipes.

I checked the position not to touch the engine hood. It was OK.

...Sorry, I didn't take any photos during the piping, since I was too serious to assemble them.

This is an accent (yellow parts; from plastic rod and paper), though I don't know what this is for. The pipe itself was cut short to be set in.

Other piping were applied. Nickel silver rods, brass pipes, steel wire, plastic rods and so on. I made holes for every pipes to be settled. Sorry, I know this expression is too rough but I was concentrating too much to take pictures.


The black pipe from gearbox is from MODELER'S plug hose (painted in black).

The progress so far.

The looks through louvers... cool..!!! I was reworded for the hard works.

That's all for today. Have a nice weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/1/14 20:31

    Hi there. I love your build on the 288 gto. Really great. just a quick question, Ka models or crazy modeller p.e set. which is best for the fujimi kit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, welcome and a happy new year 1224blog!!! I think I know you already somewhere else, lol ;) For the p.e. set, I actually used Ka models and I thought it was better overall, because it includes front intercooler fans and grills, turbo units intercooler mesh... as you can see how it went with KA model's in my blog. But seeing Crazy's, I found its rear hood's louvers are better than KA's, because Crazy's one looks wider so you don't need to thin up the rear hood as I did. If you afford, buy both of them!!! Still instead of the rear hood's louvers, I can say KA was better for me ;)

      Delete